Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Testimonials on Superfood


quote:
almost finished with my first container. The taste is amazing compared to the other superfood brands. I rarely eat veggies because I can not stand them. So I would try it out.

I don't understand why people think this is trying to replicate veggies and fruit when it really is the actual fruits and veggies! I would like to see science behind superfood lined up against raw or cooked veggies just to see if freeze dryer is comparable.





quote:
I think it is a great product. I say this because I had been using Emerald Balance along with Now's Acai Juice. If you've ever tried Emerald Balance, it is not a pleasant tasting product. Emerald Balance has an ORAC value (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) of over 3000, while Biotest's Superfood has an ORAC value of 5,315. Superfood also has Acai Berries in the formula, so now I am killing two birds with one stone. The cost per serving of Emerald Balance and Now Acai Juice is almost exactly the same as Superfood. The taste of Superfood is a lot better than Emerald Balance. I take this along with Controlled Labs Orange Triad, and at 41 years old, I feel great. Haven't been sick in a long time, either. Hope this helps.





quote:
To make sure I was on the right track I asked my friend who has a PhD on matters relating to food biology and is well verse in Freeze Drying.

First, 90% of a fruit/veggy is water, 9% is sugar, cellulose (fiber) and proteins while less than 1% is all the remaining nutrients.

So take 5 fruits and 5 veggies and just 1% of each and they would easily fit in a teaspoon. So in that area it is very possible to have it packed with nutrients. Take a multivitamin as an example, they are infinitely small yet are packed with vitamins and minerals.

Freeze drying does keep the nutrients intact nothing comes close to it and it is a cosltly procedure. But even at 80$ a month (2 servings) this product would be cheaper than eating the equivalent to get those vitamins/minerals/phytochemicals/enzymes.

NOTE: I mix mine with Vanilla protein and the taste is extremely delicious.

Hope this helps.





No comments:

Post a Comment